TOWN OF MONROE
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING FOR TOWN OF MONROE, GREEN COUNTY
Notice is hereby given that on Thursday, November 19, 2020, at 5:30 p.m. at the Town of Monroe Town Hall, N3302 Monroe Road, Monroe, WI, a public hearing on the Proposed 2021 Budget will be held.
Immediately following the Public Hearing, a Special Town Meeting will be held to approve the town tax levy for 2020 taxes payable in 2021.
The proposed budget in detail is available for inspection at the Town Hall by appointment.
SPECIAL TOWN MEETING OF ELECTORS NOTICE
Town of Monroe, Green County
Notice is hereby given that a special town meeting of the Town of Monroe, Green County, Wisconsin, will be held at the town hall located at N3302 Monroe Road, Monroe, Wisconsin, on the 19th day of November, 2020, immediately following the completion of the Public Hearing on the proposed 2021 town budget which begins at 5:30 p.m. for the following purposes:
- To approve the 2020 total town tax levy to be collected in 2021 pursuant to s. 60.10(1)(a) of Wis. Statutes.
2. To approve the total 2021 Highway expenditures pursuant to s. 81.01(3) of Wis. Statutes.
- To establish the compensation of the elected town officials for the two-year term of office, to begin April 2021, pursuant to Section 60.32 and 60.10 (1)(b)(1) of Wisconsin Statutes.
- To establish the compensation for the: Patrolman positions, Recycling Center Attendant, Election Workers, Cemetery Supervisor, Garbage Collection fees, and Street Light fees.
Dated this 2nd day of November 2020
By: Peggy Murphy, Town Clerk/Treasurer of the Town of Monroe
The regular monthly Business Meeting will follow.
All town residents are welcome. Anyone wishing to appear before the Board should notify the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-558-6821, at least 7 days prior to the meeting to be added to the agenda.
TOWN OF MONROE
Monthly Town Board Meeting
Thursday, November 19, 2020
follows Budget Hearing and Special Elections Meetings at 5:30 p.m.
Monroe Town Hall
N3302 Monroe Road
- Call to Order
- Verify open meeting notices have been posted.
- Minutes of last meeting approved.
- Treasurer’s Report given and approved.
- Audit Bills for Payment
- Public Input (Limit of 5 minutes per person)
- Discussion/possible action on annual Green County Treasurer tax resolution
- Discussion/possible action on (2) Operator’s License Applications for Bennett’s Junction House
- Discussion/possible action on seasonal patrolman as sub-contractor position
- Discussion/possible action on transfer of funds to Monroe Rural Fire District account
- Discussion/possible action on Revolving Line of Credit (RLOC) with Woodford State Bank
- Discussion/possible action on refund of Road Security Deposit to Kevin & Julie Harn for N3228 Monroe-Sylvester Rd
- Planning Commission Report – Progress of Months Business
- Road/Maintenance Report – Progress of Months Business
- Chairman’s Report – Progress of Months Business
- Clerk’s Report – Progress of Months Business
- Set next meeting date
Peggy Murphy, Clerk/Treasurer
All town residents are welcome. Anyone wishing to appear before the Board should notify the Clerk/Treasurer at email@example.com or 608-558-6821, at least 7 days prior to the meeting to be added to the agenda.
General public is welcome. All Town residents are encouraged to attend.
Anyone wishing to appear before the Board should notify the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 558-6821, so they can be added to the Agenda. Notification should be made at least 7 days prior to the meeting.
When: Meetings are normally held the third Thursday of the month.
Location of the meeting: Town Hall N3302 Monroe Road
ANNUAL MEETING MINUTES: